So let’s say you’re willing to do that…what next? Here are some simple strategies to start making your move.
1. Free up 10-20 hours per week to build your business. You need to make this a consistent commitment. If you need to reduce your work hours or let go of some clients to make room, do it. You’re not trapped or obligated. You ALWAYS have the freedom to change your life. This is a critical step towards becoming the entrepreneurial leader who makes great money working less.
2. Get more dollars for your hours – ask for a raise at work or get a higher paying part-time job. Raise your rates with 1-1 clients. If you can cover your financial base with part-time work or clients, you’ll be in a great position to build your business on top of that.
3. As you begin to grow your leveraged business, a strategic stepping stone is to offer a private program. This may seem counterintuitive because you’re still selling your time…but this is going to set you up to grow more lucrative, leveraged programs.
A private program is primarily delivered through 1-1 sessions; however, it has a structure. You include curriculum or training resources. You guide clients through a process to get their desired outcome. You can gradually integrate benefits that will become elements of your group program as you grow. Here’s what it can look like…
Start a premium membership where clients get:
- 2 private sessions with you per month (50 minutes each is a good length). Each session moves clients through your system and you can assign homework in between.
- Access to your “open office hour” once per week where any of your members can pop in on your zoom room for quick Q&A or 10-15 minutes of coaching.. Just hang out on your open zoom room for this one hour each week and be ready to help clients. Multiple clients can be there at the same time – they get value from hearing you answer other people’s questions!
- A training video once or twice a month. Start building your course curriculum gradually this way.
A private membership like this gives you the flexibility to generate steady cash flow from your new business without having to execute a big launch to fill a group program. Plus, you’re laying the foundation for a more leveraged business model.
I recommend charging $497 per month for this membership, and have clients sign a contract committing to at least 6 months. It’s an ongoing membership program so you can enroll clients whenever you want as long as you have the space.
If you work with clients in a money-making niche where higher price points are common and your credibility lines up, consider charging $997 per month for these benefits.
Soon, you’ll have the income to let go of your job or old business model.
You can do this! Life is too short to spend it feeling stuck, frustrated or unfulfilled. Take charge now to create the freedom you deserve. I believe in YOU.